Laws of the Beijing Province
[Database Search] [Name Search] [Noteup] [Help]
(Promulgated by Decree of No.96 of the People's Government of the Beijing Municipality on June 7, 2002)
Article 1 These Measures are formulated for the purpose of strengthening the management of parking of non-motorized conveyances, protecting the lawful rights and interests of their owners, safeguarding social public order in accordance with the relevant provisions of the State and in view of the actual situation of the municipality.
Article 2 These Measures apply to management of the parking of bicycles, and
manual tricycles and other non-motorized conveyances.
These Measures also apply to the management of parking of conveyances exclusively used by the handicapped.
Article 3 The municipal department in charge of municipal administration shall
be responsible for the construction and operating management
of the public parking
lots for non-motorized conveyances.
Administrative departments in charge of planning, land and housing management, traffic management of the public security bureau, pricing, quality and technical supervision shall do a good job of the work relevant to the management of parking of non-motorized conveyances in accordance with their respective responsibilities.
Article 4 Based on the municipal over-all planning and the needs of development of urban construction, the municipal administrative department in charge of municipal planning jointly with the municipal administrative departments in charge of municipal administration, traffic management of the public security bureau shall organize the drawing up of specialized planning for building public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances, which shall be implemented after being approved by the Municipal People's Government.
Article 5 The planning and construction of public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances for railway stations, hospitals, shopping centers, exhibition centers, cinemas and theatres, stadiums and gymnasiums and other large and median public buildings shall be carried out in accordance with the relevant national and municipal provisions. These parking lots shall be managed by specially assigned persons or by commissioned parking service agencies.
Article 6 Residential neighborhoods shall setup public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances, which shall be managed by commissioned real estate management companies; in residential neighborhoods where there is no real estate management, the residents' committees shall organize and carry out the management and the relevant units shall render assistance.
Article 7 In areas where there is a shortage of public parking lots for non-motorized
conveyances, as long as it does not affect road traffic,
certain areas within
the range of the roads can, upon approval by the relevant departments, be earmarked
and signs erected
as roadside public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances
in accordance with the relevant national and municipal provisions.
When circumstances provided for above change, the original department of approval shall give advance notice before canceling the earmarked roadside public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances.
Article 8 It is prohibited for any unit or individual to arbitrarily take
up portions of roads to setup roadside public parking lots for
Units or individuals that temporarily take up portions of roads to set up fee-paying parking lots for non-motorized conveyances shall pay road occupation fees according to law.
Article 9 The public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances shall be open
to the public. It is prohibited for any unit or individual
to occupy them and
arbitrarily stop their use or use them for other purposes.
Units are encouraged to open to the public their own public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances.
Article 10 To set up fee-paying public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances, the following conditions shall be met:
(1) The ground surface is paved and there are a fixed fence or movable rails;
(2) Parking signs, public notice board with parking fees listed, sign of the operation management unit with supervision telephone number are put up and parking lines are drawn;
(3) Wherever conditions are available, bicycle parking racks and sheds shall be erected;
(4) There shall be specially assigned persons responsible for their service and management.
Article 11 The operating and management units of public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances shall abide by the following provisions:
(1) Observing the relevant laws, regulations and rules and the code of
conduct of the trade;
(2) Establishing and implementing the various systems of management and service;
(3) Accepting the guidance, supervision and inspection of the department in charge of municipal administration and other administrative and management departments;
(4) Strictly collecting fees in accordance with the approved range and standards with fee prices clearly marked and giving the users receipts for the fees they pay;
(5) Ensuring fine parking order, environmental hygiene and security of the parking lots.
If fee-paying public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances cause losses and damages to non-motorized conveyances due to improper management, the operating and management units of these parking lots shall be held responsible for compensation according to law.
Article 12 The parking lot users of non-motorized conveyances shall observe the following provisions:
(1) Parking their conveyances in the public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances or areas marked with parking signs for non-motorized conveyances;
(2) The users parking their non-motorized conveyances in the parking lots shall abide by the relevant management provisions and accept the management of the staff;
(3) The users of the fee-paying public parking lots for non-motorized conveyances shall pay fees according to the provisions.
Article 13 If anyone parks his non-motorized conveyance within the range of road marked clearly for no parking in violation of these Measures, he shall be dealt with and punished by the traffic management department of the public security bureau; his non-motorized conveyance shall be temporarily impounded.
Article 14 If anyone arbitrarily takes up a portion of the road to set up a roadside public parking lot for non-motorized conveyances in violation of the provision of Article 9, he shall be dealt with according to law by the administrative department in charge of municipal administration and the traffic management department of the public security bureau.
Article 15 If anyone is in violation of provisions of paragraph 1 of Article 9, Article 10 and Items (2), (3) and (5) of Article 11, the department for urban management supervision shall order him to make corrections and fine him between 500 and 1000 yuan.
Article 16 Anyone who violates the provisions of Item (4) of Article 11 shall be dealt with according to law by the department in charge of pricing.
Article 17 These Measures shall be effective as of September 1, 2002.